Organizing my Clothes | Konmari Method

2/05/2017

Hello everyone!

I started this cleaning project during December and haven't quite gotten around to finishing it. However, I wanted to post what I did manage to accomplish so far.

This was my room before...


I decided to try out the Konmari cleaning method. I made some mistakes along the way, but I followed the general guidelines. Here's how it went...

The Konmari method requires that we clean in this order: clothes, books, papers, and miscellaneous. We must focus on categories as opposed to certain areas (i.e. clothes instead of closet).

This post will tackle clothing. I gathered up all of my clothing from my drawers and moved them to the middle of my room. I made 4 piles of clothes: keep, sell, donate, and return (there were a lot of clothes in my room that I had "borrowed" and never returned). The Konmari method requires us to keep only what sparks joy.


After sorting through all my clothing, I was left with several bags of stuff to be donated. Here's where I strayed from the Konmari method a bit; I also started packing up toys that were in my closet as well.


I also started rolling my clothes, which I was not accustomed to; I usually would fold or just stuff that shit in.


So that's what I managed to accomplish so far; there is still much to be done, and I'll be sure to update you as I go along.

Thanks for reading!

mel

You Might Also Like

0 comments