Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

1/30/2017

Hello everyone, I'm back!

As I mentioned in a previous blog post, today I will be reviewing Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell.

This review will contain spoilers, but I'll begin with a basic review of the book.

In short, I absolutely loved this book! I finished within a few daysCath is such a relatable character. Even though I would say I'm extremely different from her, there were so many moments I saw my past self in her. The characters in this book are all quite wonderful and lovable, and it was nice to take a break from all the dramatic books I've been reading and read something fun.

If you love contemporary books like me, I highly recommend this one; it's one that I really enjoyed reading. Now onto the spoiler section!

SPOILERS BELOW

a. Dialing 911 into my phone and holding my finger over call is totally something I'd do while walking back home alone.
b. Cath (and a lot of the characters in this book) seems to have unhealthy conflict resolutionsshe literally just pretends like nothing happened instead of addressing the issue, something I did a lot as a kid.
c. Wow, Nick is freaking annoying.
d. Abel is annoying too.
e. I really like Reagan; she was one of my favorite characters.
f. I've never been a fan of fan fiction, but its interesting to see Rowell's take on Harry Potter with Simon and Baz. 
g. What even was that ending though? I thought part of the book was missing or something... There was a good chapter or two that I still needed to get some closure.
h. What an amazing professor!

This was just a quick list--I didn't take notes while reading (which I should), so I'm probably leaving out a lot of details. But have no fear, I'm currently reading Isla and the Happily Ever After, and I will be sure to keep track of my thoughts.

That's all for this quick book reviewsee you tomorrow!

mel

You Might Also Like

0 comments