Ruby Red | Kerstin Gier

4/25/2015

Hi everyone!

I just did a review on Confess by Colleen Hoover over on Etherealm so if you'd like you can check that out. I recently finished Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier a couple days ago and I wanted to review it because I really enjoyed reading it.

So basically this book is about a girl named Gwenyth who is descended from a family of time travelers. Her entire family is predicting that her cousin Charlotte will inherit the gene so they have been preparing her for the obstacles she might face in the past. However, Gwenyth ends up receiving the gene and travels back in time completely unprepared. This book has romance, humor, mystery, and suspense which is mixed in with fantasy and time traveling.

I really, really loved this book. The writing style, plot, and even characters reminded me of Percy Jackson even though the stories are nothing alike. However the plots have similar elements that I find very charming.

I absolutely loved the writing style and the characters in Ruby Red. Gwenyth is such a hilarious character. Her thought process is really similar to mine so I can really relate to her. The story has wonderful bits of fantasy and time traveling but also hints of humor which is something that I adore.

The only thing I have to complain about this book is the weird ending. This is going to be a series so this isn't the end of it all but the ending was very abrupt and confusing. As I said, this is a trilogy so an abrupt ending in the first book is really not a big deal. However if the ending had been eased upon the reader that would've been more comforting to read.

Overall I totally loved this book and recommend it to everyone! It's so cute and such an enjoyable read.

Thanks for reading my review!

You Might Also Like

0 comments