Hopeless | Colleen Hoover

4/06/2015

Hi everyone,

Today I'll be talking about Hopeless by Colleen Hoover. I'm currently reading Losing Hope and I'll be doing a review on it as well if that is something you guys would like to see. This is a new adult book, which is not a genre I've read much of because I don't really like this genre too much. When I first decided to read this book, I didn't even know what the new adult genre is and I felt uncomfortable reading a lot of the scenes in this book, haha.

This book has a very specific plot so I don't want to give to much away. Basically this book is about a girl named Sky who makes out with a lot of guys but she doesn't feel anything. Just numbness. She meets a guy that she finally feels attraction towards and she's confused why she feels that way. The book has a lot of twists and turns so if you don't like the sound of this book from the description I gave, you still might enjoy reading it. I can't really talk about the rest of this book because it will give away the story but overall I really liked this book. It was very emotional and had lots of heartbreaking scenes. There are a lot of things that I was not expecting in this book. Out of 10 I would give it an 8.

So go ahead and give this book a read and come back and finish the rest of this blog post. I actually started to work on this blog post a week ago but I got so busy I forgot to finish it. However now that it's my spring break I'm going to get more posts up and running. I've also finished reading another one of Colleen Hoover's books titled Confess so I will definitely be posting a book review for Confess soon. Thanks for reading!


Spoiler Alert!

Okay so where to begin. This book was quite a roller coaster.

As I said, I've decided I really don't like the new adult genre. So many of the scenes in this book made me feel straight up uncomfortable. Obviously it's my fault for not realizing what the new adult genre is but still, I felt really uncomfortable reading some of the scenes. I guess I'm a bit of a prude but when Sky and Holder were making out and getting all touchy touchy I felt a bit uncomfortable because it was so graphic. Like I'm cool with it but man this book was getting a little too descriptive for me.

I was absolutely disgusted with Sky's father. I wasn't getting the hint and just kept thinking that he was making her say the words thank you. But that was so disgusting and horrifying. And the fact that he did it to his sister and Les was so disgusting.

I felt like the book got better when we found out that Sky was actually kidnapped. There was more action and it was more interesting for me to read. The plot twists were so well executed and I did not see any of them coming. I actually thought that Holder and Sky were going to end up being siblings or something because he got so angry when he saw she had that bracelet.

I freaking love Breckin. At first I was like wow Breckin is that friend but he's ended up being really funny. Holder made me feel kind of uncomfortable. At least at first. Like even though he's really good looking he's still being a creep. Although once we knew his backstory I could understand him more. At first I kept thinking that Holder and Sky were siblings or something becasue of how angry Holder had gotten when she was wearing that bracelet.

It's been a couple of weeks since I read it and I tried reading Losing Hope but I couldn't really get into it.

So that's all I have to say about this book. I really did like it but since it was so heartbreaking I don't realy want to say I enjoyed it.

Tell me what you thought of the book in the comments below! Thank you all so much for reading.

You Might Also Like

0 comments