Time

9/24/2017

Here's something I wrote about a month ago after I finished watching the movie version of Before I Fall. I had so many thoughts swirling around me head I needed to transfer through my fingertips onto a blank Google Doc.

. . .

When is time ever on your side? I can probably count the times time has been on my side. Time is either always running out when you’re having fun or taking too long when you’re not, counting the seconds as they pass.

Right now, I’m at a stage in my life when I just want time to pass by quickly. I just want to speed time up and move on to the next chapter of my life. There are many stressors that affect me on a daily basis; and I’m tired of living sometimes. But every instant I spend wasting life wishing it would go by faster, or stay still, time still has an agenda of its own. Time flows in one direction, at a certain pace. Frustrating as it is, time is undeniably precious. Every drop of it should be salvaged and savoured for each second.

I had a terrifying yet relieving realization: at any given moment, our lives can change drastically, for the better or for the worse. There are so many variables that can occur in one day-you never seem to realize just how life could change within an instant until it alreayd has. To be blunt, at any given time, our given time on earth could be cut short, erased to zero. We have absolutely no idea when that time will come, but we certainly know it’s inevitable. But are we conscious of it? Look at the number of people working jobs they hate or pursuing a degree they couldn’t care less about. How many of us are truly living meaningful and fulfilling lives?

There are times life is full of darkness. It’s so dark that you can’t see the light at the end of that darned tunnel. And there are times our lives are full of radiating light. Truth is, everything is temporary. Both the dark and the light, the bad and the good. Time flows in one direction, and one direction only. Time flows according to its own pace. For now at least-perhaps there will be a day us humans can manipulate its flow. But for now, we can rely on the passing of time can to be both reassuring and depressing. It’s so interesting how much time can vary and change depending on the circumstance.

One thing is undeniable. Time is limited. As each day passes, only some of us are lucky to see another. How we spend our time is up to us. What indeed shall we do with it?

You Might Also Like

0 comments