It's Not Summer Without You | Jenny Han

3/27/2015

Hi everyone!

It has been a really long time since I've done a book review on this blog. I recently did a review on Etherealm about To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han which I adored. I loved that book so much I wanted to read more of Jenny Han's books. So I downloaded The Summer I Turned Pretty onto my phone. I read through the three books pretty quickly and today I'm doing a review on the final book in the trilogy, It's Not Summer Without You.

This trilogy was very interesting and I had to know what happened next. However, I really did not particularly like Belly, the main character. I found her somewhat exasperating and could not relate to her thoughts. Especially in this last book, Belly was driving me crazy.

There are many positive reviews about this book so I would recommend to read it. I personally love Jenny Han's writing style. Click here to see my review on To All the Boys I've Loved Before which has become one of my favorite books.

So that's all to the non spoiler section of this review. Give this book a read and then continue the rest of this blog post. Thanks for reading!

Alright I have a lot to say about this book and the series.

Belly became a very irritating character to me. In the first book I didn't mind her but as the books went on, especially in this book, I wanted to slap some sense into this girl. I'm also not too fond of Conrad or Jeremiah. There is only one fish in the sea for them.

Belly and Jeremiah wanting to get married shocked me and I kept thinking that I had skipped something because I thought they were in college and had just broken up. Their stubbornness to get married was really aggravating and I totally sided with Laurel. Laurel and Susannah were probably my favorite characters.

I felt like this book series didn't flow together. In the beginning of the second book when Belly mentions Savannah had passed away I thought I had accidentally skipped a book but the series just skips over things. The ending was so abrupt and she just changed from Jeremiah to Conrad.

For some reason this book series was really interesting to me and I wanted to know what was going to happen next. I think this would be a fun summer read.

Tell me what you thought of this book down below. Thanks for reading!

You Might Also Like

0 comments